Out of all of the different segments in the floor covering industry today, vinyl flooring without a doubt has proven to be the most popular,it comes in either tile or sheet form. One of the least expensive forms of flooring, vinyl is very popular among homeowners, because it offers great value.
Benefits of vinyl flooring
- It provides a slightly softer surface than options like tile or wood, because most products are backed with a thin layer of either felt or foam. The soft layer results in the floor having a little more flexibility and give, which makes it easier to stand on for long periods of time.
- They are available in a huge assortment of colors and styles, with some designs even mimicking the look of stone tiles or wood planks. While you can notice the difference up close, it can be hard to tell from afar the floor is vinyl.
- Vinyl also wears incredibly well. It is extremely durable, with many manufacturers backing their products with warranties of 15 years or more. In truth, a well-installed and properly maintained vinyl floor can last for well over 20 years.
- Vinyl floor panels are very resistant to dirt and water, and it’s one of the few flooring types that can be installed directly over the subfloor—or over a previous vinyl or linoleum installation—without requiring demolition first. It is also one of the best choices for installing on a floor with a lot of cracks or excessive movement.
- As far as cleaning and maintenance goes, vinyl is hard to beat. Requiring practically no maintenance after installation, vinyl needs to just be swept and mopped occasionally to keep the floor clean.